Cotton Silk Sarees - The Perfect Blend of Elegance and Comfort
Cotton silk sarees are made from the perfect blend of two different fabrics, and the result is one amazing cloth that’s softer than any other fabric you can find on the market. Silk has long been known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world, and it’s no surprise that so many clothing designers and manufacturers have tried to imitate its look.
History of Cotton Silk Fabric
Cotton silk fabric is a blend of two natural fibers, cotton, and silk. This fabric was first created in China over 3000 years ago. Cotton silk is known for its incredible strength and durability, as well as its beautiful luster. This fabric is perfect for making clothing that is both elegant and comfortable.
The saree has a long and rich history in India. It is thought to have originated in the Indus Valley Civilization, which flourishesed in the region between 3000 and 1500 BCE. The earliest known depiction of a saree-clad woman is from a painting that dates back to the 2nd century CE.
During the Mughal era, the saree became even more popular. Women of all classes began to wear them, and they became an important part of Indian culture. The saree continued to be popular during the British Raj when it was adopted by many women as a symbol of Indian identity.
Today, the saree is still worn by millions of women across India. It is seen as a symbol of Indian culture and tradition, and it is often worn on special occasions such as weddings and festivals.
Different Styles of Sarees
When it comes to sarees, there is no one-size-fits-all. Different women prefer different styles of sarees, depending on their body type, personal taste, and occasion. Some of the most popular types of sarees include:
1. Kanjeevaram sarees: These sarees are made of silk and are usually very brightly colored, with intricate gold or silver threadwork. They are considered to be very traditional and are typically worn on special occasions.
2. Banarasi sarees: These sarees are also made of silk, but are usually lighter in weight and have less ornate designs. They are a popular choice for weddings and other formal occasions.
3. Cotton sarees: As the name suggests, these sarees are made of cotton and are therefore more comfortable to wear in hot weather conditions. They come in a variety of colors and designs, making them suitable for both formal and casual occasions.
4. Georgette sarees: These sarees are made of a lightweight fabric called georgette, which makes them ideal for summer wear. They are often brightly colored and can be either plain or printed.
How to Take Care of Cotton Silk?
As with any natural fiber, cotton silk sarees need to be handled with care. Avoid washing them too often, as this can damage the fabric. When you do wash them, use cool water and a mild detergent. Avoid harsh chemicals and bleach, as these can also damage the fabric. Hang your sarees to dry in a cool, well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight. Once they are dry, iron them on a low heat setting. You can also store your sarees in a breathable fabric bag to keep them from getting damaged or wrinkled. With proper care, your cotton silk sarees will last for many years to come.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Fabrics
Choosing the best fabrics for your sarees is important to ensure that you get the perfect blend of elegance and comfort. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing fabrics for your sarees:
- The type of fabric you choose should depend on the occasion you plan to wear the saree for. If you plan to wear it for a formal occasion, then silk would be a good choice. For a more casual occasion, cotton would be a better choice.
- The climate you live in should also be taken into consideration when choosing fabrics for your sarees. If it is hot where you live, then cotton would be a better choice as it is more breathable than silk.
- Your personal preferences should also be taken into account when choosing fabrics for your sarees. For example, if you prefer clothes with bold colors, then opting for silk might not be the best option. A cotton or linen fabric might suit your needs better in this case.
- You can buy cotton silk sarees online at Eshami by browsing through their collection here
Where to Buy Cotton Silk Sarees?
There are a number of places to buy cotton silk sarees online in India. Some of the most popular places to purchase these items include Eshami and Meesho. All of these sites offer a wide variety of sarees at different price points, so it is important to compare prices before making a purchase. In addition, many of these sites also offer discounts and coupons which can further reduce the cost of the saree.
How To Style Cotton Silk Sarees?
When it comes to sarees, there is nothing quite like a cotton silk saree. The perfect blend of elegance and comfort, cotton silk sarees are ideal for any occasion. Plus, they are easy to care for and can be worn again and again. Here are some tips on how to style cotton silk sarees
- Layer with jewelry: A beautiful gold or silver necklace paired with matching earrings will accentuate the sheer fabric in a way that would not work as well with other fabrics.
- Mix prints: If you're feeling daring, mix prints! Boldly patterned sarees are more forgiving than solids and the patterns add texture and interest to your outfit.
- Use shoes wisely: Whether you choose flats or heels, make sure your shoes coordinate well with the rest of your outfit; think about color or print when choosing which shoe matches best.
- Wear jewelry carefully: Large pieces may overwhelm the delicate fabric so keep everything else minimal or go in the opposite direction by wearing lots of bracelets!
Commonly Asked Questions
Assuming that you have purchased a pre-shrunk saree, the first thing you need to do is gently hand wash it in cool water with a mild detergent. Avoid using hot water or putting it in the washing machine, as this can cause the fabric to shrink. Be sure to rinse the saree thoroughly to remove all traces of detergent. To remove wrinkles, you can either iron the saree on a low setting or steam it. When storing cotton silk, always fold it instead of hanging it to prevent stretching. Finally, keep it away from moths and other insects by storing it in a tightly sealed container.
If you're looking for a beautiful and unique saree, look no further than the cotton silk sarees available online in India. These sarees are perfect for any occasion, from weddings to festivals, and they come in a wide variety of colors and designs to suit your every need. Best of all, they're surprisingly affordable — so start shopping today!